Thursday, September 27, 2007

Green Pasture Health Food Trading

Before I am into organic foods, I always think that they are tasteless cos they are supposed to be healthy. However, after going to Genesis and Green Pasture, organic food cafes has becomed one of the choices I bring my friends/ colleagues who are non-vegetarians to.

Thanks to Maboo & Zenzen for introducing me Green Pasture. Im amazed that BiBimbup (Korean Rice) can be so tasty though its the organic version.

BiBimBup $7.50 (add $2 for Kimchi)



Grade: 5/5

Claypot Buckwheat Noodles $6.50


Grade: 4/5

Seaweed Roll $4

Grade: 3/5

Me and my colleague ordered Bibimbup, claypot noodles and seaweed roll. There is also self-serviced soup at $1 per bowl which is donated to the charity. Though there is not much mock meat in the food, the food is tasty and healthy. The seaweed roll comprises of beetroot which I do not usually like to take. However, it tastes good in the roll. We paid $20 in all for the 3 dishes above and 2 soups and we were full up the the brim. The only bad point I feel is that the owner of this cafe is not really friendly, as she is quite "loud", and seems a tad too proud of her food. heh. This cafe was also featured in the TV show a few months back.

Im surprised that Fortune Centre is full of vegetarian cafes and restaurants. The Vegetarian Health Food (which veggiebun LOVES) is located at the first floor. On the second floor, there are 3 more cafes (including pinetree cafe as well).

Anyway, if you are a tourist and would like to try some organic food. Fortune Centre is located 5 minutes away from the Famous Guan Yin Temple at Bugis.

Location:

190 Middle Road, #04-22, S(188979)

Opening Hours: Mon-Sat: 11am-8pm Sun: 11am-7pm

Tel: 6336-2700

3 comments:

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

This place got Korean Food. That's great :)

I didn't know about it, even i go to that location quite "often". Never venture too far beyond the usual one, what have i missed!

Thanks, i think i will go to try this next time :)

missveg said...

heh! I LOVE the BIBIMBAP!

Sunny said...

Hi, Another place serving great BiBimBup (BBB)is the Vegetarian shop at Chinatown located at end of Foodstreet. I can't recall the name now but the lady boss changes her menu everyday (except for her std brown rice set)& the interior decor is of Tibetian style. I had the fortune to visit when her menu for that day includes BiBimBup. I would say is best ever tried.
Another recommendation is her IPOH HOR FUN. Great sauce she has.
If you pop-by Chinatown, just test your luck if the shop is serving BBB or Ipoh Hor Fun. Actually I like most of her menu but the 2 mentioned are my favorite:)