Thursday, December 3, 2015

Oriental Garden Delights Restaurant @ Petaling Jaya Selangor

It has been some time since ms veg has overseas post. Anyway, I do welcome contributors who do not want to own any blogs, but want to share food places.

Here's a contributed one from Dr Neoh who recently went Malaysia for some nice food!

Oriental Garden Delights Restaurant is owned by my friend. We went to the same secondary school, and hanged out a lot during those days. After secondary school, we travelled different career paths, and had lost contact for many years. We reconnected via Facebook a few years ago, and he told me that the chef at his restaurant is capable of preparing vegetarian dishes.



I didn't make much effort to visit though. However, recently I came to know that the restaurant was converted to fully vegetarian, so I decided to go, and had since paid a few visits.

It is located in Kelana Mall, not a prime location, but quite a comfortable environment.

At my first visit, I ordered a serving of Vietnamese coffee while waiting for my guest.

When my guest arrived, we ordered a few dishes.

The portions are quite generous (all the orders are either 'small' or 'regular'). The foods are quite nice, tasted like authentic vegetarian dishes, with no trace to suggest that it was non-veg previously.

Subsequent visit I went with my daughter. She ordered rice with eggplants on sizzling hot iron plate. I ordered fried glass noodles (with egg). We had Vietnamese spring rolls as side dish, and a 'small' bowl of soup.





This is not a tourist location, but if you happened to be somewhere nearby, this is definitely worth a visit. Of course, as I declared earlier, I might not be totally objective :-)


Location: Oriental Garden Delight
Unit No. 50 G - 01, Kelana Mall, Jalan SS 6/14, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 3-7880 5110
Opening: 11.30am to 10.30pm
GPS : 3.104621, 101.600631

1 comment:

faryal naaz said...

You have post very useful information to get healthy body. Keep posting so that we can read some interesting information on this.