Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Arts Deli Vegetarian Restaurant

Sometimes my family and I will head to Simei for a meal at the Metta welfare association. The Happy Arts Deli is set up to train apprentices aged between 19 and 21 with mild intellectual disability in baking, meal preparation, kitchen and customer service, so as to create employment opportunities for them.
The cafe serves a wide variety of vegetarian dishes and pastries through food and catering services. Healthy and delicious, our fare is lovingly created with hearty portions of zeal and generous doses of creativity.

Chicken Rice $2.50

I always order the special of the day and the chicken rice tasted fantastic. Unlike other places where the fried version is used, this cafe uses the "white" version where they only need to steam it, making it a healtier version. Also, the special sauce blends well in the fragrant rice.

Other than your normal mix-vegetable rice, they also serve ala-clarte food where the dishes was good too. So, once in a while, for a good cause, do consider this restaurant!

Metta Building (Level 1) 32 Simei Street 1 S(529950)
Tel: 6580 4611 Fax: 6580 4693
Operating hours: 7.30 am to 9 pm daily

website: http://www.metta.org.sg/Index_Contact_Us.html#

3 comments:

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Oh, I didn't go there for so long already, almost 2 yrs plus. Reason, very far for someone staying North of S'pore.

I like the Cafe, the decor :) Someone told me that their muffin is nice, that was 2 yrs back. Wonder if the muffin still the same.

Sunny said...

I had tried the food there bf I started my blog, I quite like the food & ambience there. Is far for me too so will only travel there if they hold any special event.
In my vague memory, I tried their pastry bf & I think it's quite nice. Ok, will try to visit it again when I travel close to Simei.:-)
If you like white chicken rice, you could also try this stall, see: http://vegefoodhunt.blogspot.com/2008/02/huan-xin-su-at-rocher-centre-coffee.html
Cheers:-)

missveg said...

Cool! Sometimes I will go to the rochor centre clinic upstairs for doc appointment. Mayb next time I can order that chix rice!