Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ru Lai Vegetarian @ Ang Mo Kio

Just before I touch on my Beijing & Shanghai places, here's a place i've adored since young and Only got to realise I've never taken any pictures of this place before!
One of the nights after sunnietart touched down, I went with her for dinner here before fetching my parents home. Ru Lai has been in operation for one of the longest time (more than 10 over years). I got to know this place also because my granny stays near this place.
I believe many people know a lot about this outlet as they serve really value-for-money tze char dishes. Ru lai was under renovation for almost a year before it starts operating. I was still wondering if business would be affected since it was not in operation for such a long time, luckily business was good!

Kang Kong

Aint too spicy and very fresh.

Sweet & Sour Pork

Tasted normal, but i preferred their homemade tofu beancurd skin which they dont sell anymore...

Soup of the Day


Our favourite is always the soup of the day which was the Cucumber "Lao Huang Gua" soup, as it was brewed for many hours and tastes exactly like our homecooked soup. You may even just order this soup to go with rice.

One thing good was it wasnt too expensive for 2 of us, 2 dishes and 1 soup and 2 rice costs around $17.

Other recommended dishes: Butter Mushrooms and Nonya Curry Fish

Location: Blk 226D, Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Food Centre

Opens till 10PM daily

No comments: