Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quan Xin Vegetarian Food @ Bedok Blk 538

Have I mentioned that I feel really blessed to be staying in Bedok? The one good thing about staying around my area is that the are indeed quite a number of places to eat right at my doorstep. After a 9 months renovation, the newly open market cum hawker centre now offers 3 vegetarian stalls that I get to choose from for my daily breakfast fix. In all, there are 5 vegetarian stalls within walking distance from where Im staying. I truely am blessed.

Talking about this stall, it was originally operating in Tampines and the owners decided to shift here due to the increase in Rental. The stall owners has more than 15 years of experience in this line.

Store Front

One thing is the stall only sells Wanton Noodles, Lor Mee and the usual economical fare (ie: Fried Bee Hoon, Kway Tiao, Mee)

Lor Mee $2.50

I've always adore lor mee, and not many places serve very good ones. This is not too bad as the soup is really tasty, yet not too much MSG. The only thing is that The ingredients aint a lot for this price.

Wanton Mee $2.50

Gwennie prefers this when they were operating in Tampines. I couldnt make out any difference, as i find this standard aint too bad. Sadly the wantons wasnt as tasty as I would have expected. I feel the noodles are chewy enough though. Other than this stall, there is another 2 stalls, one also selling the econimical fare as well as Kway Chap and Minced Meat Noodles. Another Stall sells what I've always love - vegetarian fried carrot cake. Really worth the try if you have been craving for it. Location: Blk 538 Market Bedok North Street 3 Opening Hrs: 7am till 1PM Usually Closed on Mondays.

No comments: