So for the start of the year, i'll like to share some recipes.
Its was my pleasure to be able to share some recipes in VegVibe (Nov/Dec Copy), the one and Only FREE Vegetarain magazine in SG.
Here are the pages that had my recipes:
It was for the Xmas Season, but I personally like these dishes whole year round, so do try it if you can!
Munchy Tofu Balls (Jingle Bells) *Makes 15 balls*
2 Small Firm Bean curd
3 Water Chestnut (Finely Chopped)
3 White Button Mushrooms (Finely Chopped)
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
½ tablespoon Soya Sauce
½ tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Self Raising Flour
1. In a bowl, mesh bean curd and mix all ingredients in evenly except self raising flour.
2. Once all ingredients are mixed, fold in the self raising flour.
3. Mould mixtures into balls and deep fry.
Wasabi Salad Sauce
10g wasabi (Add more if you like it more spicy)
20g Vegan Mayonnaise
In a mixing bowl, mix both sauces together till smooth. Ready to Serve
Minestrone Soup (Santa Stew) *For 2 Servings*
4 Cups Water
4 Cups Diced Tomatoes Or Tomato Puree
10g Carrots (Finely diced)
1 stalk Celery (Finely Diced)
½ tablespoons mixed herbs (Oregano, rosemary, basil)
3 White Button Mushrooms (Finely Diced)
10g Capsicums (Finely Diced)
10g Cabbage (Shredded)
20g Macaroni Pasta
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
½ tablespoon Vegan margarine
1. In a pot, combine all ingredients except the pasta and margarine. Simmer over low heat till all vegetables are tender.
2. Add in the Pasta and cook until pasta is soft. Add in Margarine and stir till it melts.
3. Ready to Serve.
Herbs Mushrooms Tortillas (Wrapped Present) *1 Serving*
1 Tortilla Wrap
2 Lettuce *or any vegetables of your choice*
¼ Carrot (Shredded)
¼ Capsicum (Sliced)
1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
1 tablespoon wasabi mayo sauce
3 White Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
1 tablespoon Vegan Margarine
1 tablespoon Vegan Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon Italian herbs
1 Pinch of Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
1. In a medium heat pan, melt vegan margarine. Add in mushrooms and stir fry till fragrant.
2. Add in rest of seasoning except Mayonnaise. Lift mushrooms from the pan into a mixing bowl.
3. Add in mayonnaise and spread evenly. Cool for later use.
4. Warm wrap slightly in a microwave oven for 30 seconds
5. On the preparation table, lay the slightly warmed wrap. Spread tomato puree evenly as a base sauce.
6. Add on lettuce, and Carrots with a spread of Wasabi Mayo on the vegetables.
7. Lay capsicum and mushrooms on top.
8. Roll up the prepared wrap and cup into half. Ready to Serve
Soy Almond Jelly with Avocado Puree *For 3 Servings*
30g Soymilk Powder
90ml Almond Syrup
½ tablespoon Agar Agar powder
3 tablespoon Sugar
½ Avocado (Sliced)
30ml Almond Syrup
1 tablespoon Sugar
1. In a blender, blend all ingredients for Avocado Puree together. Add a little more water if its too thick. Refrigerate for later use.
2. Add Soymilk Powder with 90ML of water and stir well till it completely dissolves. Set aside.
3. Dissolve Agar Agar Powder in 270ML of water. Add in Almond Syrup and Sugar and stir.
4. Slowly Add in Soymilk Mixture. Stir constantly and simmer over low heat for another 2 minutes.
5. Using a sieve, pour mixture into a mould and set aside to cool.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour
7. On a serving plate, spread avocado puree evenly. Place the Jelly on the puree and its ready to serve. *May add fruits to it as well*